ABOUT THIS POLICY
Account Data is information that we collect about you when you inquire about or subscribe to our products and services. This type of information typically includes name, email address, phone number and mailing address, and enables us to contact you for purposes such as discussing your interest in our products and services, creating an account for you to access our online services. Once your account has been created, additional information about you, such as account and communication preferences, may also be requested to enable you to configure and personalize your account. Whether you provide this additional information is up to you. You can choose what additional information you wish to provide, make changes to existing information, and to opt out of future communications at any time by updating your account preferences.
Usage Data is information that we collect about you regarding your use of our Website, and typically includes the following:
- Online identifiers such as IP addresses, MAC addresses and “cookie” data (see “What is a Cookie and How Is It Used?” for more information).
- Information about the types of devices you are using to access the Website including device type, browser type, operating system and language settings.
- Information about the Website pages you visit, including the date, time, and length of your page visits.
- Information about which online services you use and how you interact with those services.
Usage Data helps us to optimize the design and operation of our Website to best suit your needs and interests. It also helps us to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix any technical issues involving our Website.
What is a Cookie and How Is It Used?
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Except as noted in the table below, we do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties. We primarily use the identification information you voluntarily share with us to:
- Customize your online and/or real estate transaction experiences and to carry out your online requests.
- Tell you about our products, services and other offerings.
- Contact you for a variety of reasons, such as providing you promotional or marketing information for our products or those of our affiliated companies.
- Communicate with you about your real estate transaction.
- In certain instances, we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third-party vendors and marketing partners that, among other activities: perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies); administer our offerings; provide us marketing or promotional assistance; analyze our data; assist us with customer service; and offer other services and products that may be relevant to the purchase or sale of real estate. Our vendors agree to use this information, and we share information with them, only to carry out our requests.
- On occasion, we use your identification information to validate your identity.
- As for usage tracking data, we primarily use that information to operate and improve our consumer applications, and to further our marketing efforts.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION AND PROTECTION
Protecting the confidentiality of any personal information we have collected about you is of utmost importance to us. We retain your personal information for only as long as necessary to satisfy legitimate and essential business purposes such as maintaining the performance and availability of our Website and Services, complying with legal obligations, and resolving any disputes.
We also implement and maintain appropriate technical and operational controls (including encryption and access control measures) to protect your personal information while it is stored on our systems. With that said, please note that no system or data transmission is ever completely secure. While we make all reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of the information we collect about you, we make no guarantees, representations, or warranties with respect to the security of your personal information during storage or transmission.
REQUESTING DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At your request, we will delete (or anonymize) any information we have collected about you over the last 12 months. Please understand, though, that we will not (nor are we legally obligated to) respond to more than two such requests within a 12-month period. We may also be legally required or allowed to retain your personal information in certain circumstances even when you’ve requested that we delete your information, including:
- Where there is an unresolved issue relating to your account such as an outstanding credit, unpaid balance, or unresolved dispute.
- Where we need to retain your personal information for our legal, tax, audit and accounting obligations as required by applicable law.
- Where it is necessary to maintain your personal information for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our Website.
Please note that by deleting your personal information, you may lose access to or use of certain portions of our Website or services. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you confirm you no longer wish to use our Website or services before making such requests.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship (1) a list of categories of personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties [including affiliates that are separate legal entities] during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties.
To request the above information please contact us by writing to [email protected]
Complaints and Access Requests
Transmissions of Personal Information Across International Borders
USE OF OUR WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We would never knowingly collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use our Website or provide any of your personal information to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US